Some of you have mentioned that you want to learn more about self defense in order to feel safer and have the tools needed to defend yourself from physical attacks. If you are interested, our dear friend Lauren, a fellow feminist activist and street harassment fighter has several upcoming classes through her organization, Defend Yourself.
The first class of 2010 will be a eight week course starting at the end of January:
Safer and more confident: Eight weeks of self defense
Learn how to prevent and avoid harassment, attack, and abuse…How to stop a threatening situation with words…Moves to use against common attacks.
- For all women and teen girls age 16 and up
- Tuesdays, Jan. 26 – March 16, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Downtown DC (Gallery Place: Red, Yellow, and Green lines)
- Cost: $239. If you register on or before Jan. 5, you get $40 off ($199). Sign up with a friend or family member and get $10 off each.
- To register or for more information, go here
Check out her site for more information about self defence, the other workshops she is offering this year, and information on registering. We are also excited to announce that we are partnering up with Lauren for a workshop on May 22nd entitled Dealing with street (and other public) harassment So mark your calenders!