It’s that time of year again! Today marks the start of our second annual Public Transit Awareness Month. For the rest of March we will focus on sexual harassment and assault on our public transportation. That means we’ll be looking at the DC metro area’s trains, buses, bus stops, metro stations, and taxis.
This month’s topics will include:
- The prevalence of public sexual harassment and assault on our public transportation. Just like last year, we’ll be breaking down the stats and analyzing them.
- How to report incidents of harassment and assault while traveling
- Anti- public sexual harassment campaigns and why we need WMATA to step up.
- Taxi drivers who harass
- Where we are with the launch of RightRides DC
- WMATA budget cuts and the affect cuts will have on women and the LGBTQ community
If you you’d like contribute in some way or have anything specific you’d like us talk about leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. If you’ve ever experienced or witnessed public sexual harassment or assault on DC metro public transportation, we want to hear from you! Submit your experience using our anonymous online form.